HEALTHCARE INSURANCE FOR ROMANIANS WORKING ABROAD
It is useful and not only for the Romanians working abroad but also for those who leave the country irrespective of the reason: they should all be aware what healthcare services they are entitled to and how to benefit from them. The FLAME programmes in healthcare insurance target:
- the Romanian citizens who work abroad for very short periods of time and do not benefit from medical coverage from the state they live in;
- the Romanian citizens who travel abroad;
- the people who are at home but have relatives working abroad.
The main barriers for increasing the number of contributors to the healthcare fund and implicitly the number of people benefitting from public healthcare services include:
- the relatively complicated procedure to verify the insured status;
- the large number of documents needed and the complicated procedure to obtain the European healthcare card;
- the impossibility to obtain the healthcare card via an intermediary in case of an emergency.